The knowledge company
Explicit Selection is a technology consulting company, organically grown, self-sustainable center of expertise, with key alliances and large customers in Europe and the US.
Explicit Selection has strong focus on the payments domain, also known as FinTech. We are product specialists. Having over 20 years of experience of building products related to secure electronic transactions, we help our customers create innovative B2B2C propositions in the complex and heavily regulated area of payment products and services.
Explicit Selection is the linking pin of all companies in Haerlem Capital. It consolidates the expertise across all businesses and markets.
- Productization services (ranging from brainstorming workshops to building complete commercial offerings and strategic roadmaps)
- Technical Due Diligence and M&A support (on either side of the investment process)
- Prototyping and Co-Creation (ranging from building a product sketch to co-creating companies)
Strategic alliances and achievements
- Accredited for their services by Mastercard, Discover and Visa as a consulting partner.
- Participates in EMVCo (standardization organization owned by American Express, China Union Pay, Discover, JCB, Mastercard and Visa).
- Monitors standardization efforts of SWIFT (the global provider of secure financial messaging services).
- Explicit Selection supports large financial institutions in creating roadmaps and building product propositions for their digital payment strategy.
- Secure card-based payments technologies, EMV, NFC, QR, HCE & Cloud
- EMVCo 3D-Secure (3DS2.0), EMV Secure Remote Commerce (SRC), Fraud prevention techniques, device fingerprinting
- Digital identity and digital onboarding
- Secure APIs, various technology stacks, machine learning practices
- Payments standards such as EMVCo, American Express, Discover, JCB, Mastercard, China Union Pay, Visa
- Instant Payments
- Credit and debit payments, international and domestic brands
- Card-based payments and e-Commerce
- Digital wallets, alternative payment methods
- Payment value chain (Payment Gateways, PSPs, VARs, ISOs, Processors, Acquirers, Issuers, Payment Networks, and vendor community)
- Mobile payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and other mobile wallets
- EMV regulatory framework, liability shifts, mandates, certification requirements
- Consumer lending regulation; AFM, DNB (The Netherlands), BaFin (Germany)
- PSD2, RTS, SCA
- PCI and data security, GDPR